You don’t need to love Mexican food to love these tacos. Any sweet lover will appreciate these fun treats … a delicious combination of chocolate cupcake and candy, all hand-held!
Your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Red Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Yellow Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Yellow Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Black Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list Black Sparkling Sugar
Each candy serves 1.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray jumbo muffin pan with vegetable pan spray. Place cupcake batter in prepared pan. Bake 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Cut horizontally into 3/4 in. deep slices.
Divide coconut into 2 resealable plastic bags. Add yellow icing color to one bag; knead bag until coconut is tinted. Add green icing color to second bag; knead bag until coconut is tinted. On paper, draw oval approximately 5 x 8 in. Tape pattern to cake circle; tape waxed paper over pattern.
Melt yellow Candy Melts. Lightly sprinkle black sugars over prepared pattern; with melted candy, outline and fill in pattern. Smooth with spatula. Let sit until surface of candy looks dull, about 5 minutes. Position cupcake piece on one half of candy; lift waxed paper to fold candy over cupcake piece to form the shell (keep waxed paper on candy). Place in refrigerator until set, about 5 minutes.
Coarsely chop red Candy Melts. Remove candy from refrigerator; carefully remove waxed paper. With tip 3, zigzag chocolate buttercream over cupcake area. Add coconut "cheese" and "lettuce" and chopped candy "tomatoes".