Candy Curls Lamb Cake
The sweetest lamb cake you’ll ever create for Easter celebrations. It’s easy with the Stand-Up Lamb Pan Set.
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Lamb Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Lamb Pan Set
- Easy-Add Mini Loaf Pan Add to shopping list Mini Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Featherweight Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Featherweight Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Potato peeler (for tighter curls)
- Cheese plane (for looser curls)
Make candy curls: Melt 14 oz. candy, add 2 tablespoons shortening. Pour melted mixture into mini loaf pan cavities, 1 in. thick in one, 1/2 in. thick in another. Refrigerate until firm, unmold. When candy comes to room temperature, run potato peeler or cheese plane across narrow edge of candy to make various size curls.
Bake and cool cake using firm-texture batter. Ice face and ears smooth using buttercream icing. Using tip 3 and brown buttercream icing, pipe in nose, add dot eyes and string mouth. Pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Spatula ice remainder of cake and cover with candy curls.
*Combine Brown and Red-Red for brown shade shown.