Candy-Coated Mini Cakes
There’s a surprise at the base of a tasty tower topped with candies shaped in our Party/Birthday Large Lollipop Mold. The overturned candy shell (formed in a White Jumbo Baking Cup place in a Jumbo Muffin Pan) holds an icing-filled round cut from a Sheet Pan cake.
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add 12 x 18 in. Jelly Roll Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 18 in. Jelly Roll Pan
- Easy-Add Jumbo Muffin Pan Add to shopping list Jumbo Muffin Pan
- Easy-Add Party/Birthday Lollipop Mold Add to shopping list Party/Birthday Lollipop Mold
- Easy-Add Circle Metal Cutter Add to shopping list Circle Metal Cutter
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add White jumbo baking cups Add to shopping list White jumbo baking cups
- Serrated knife
In advance: Make birthday cake candies and candy shells. Tint portions of melted white candy pink, violet, yellow, green and blue. Mold birthday cake candies without sticks using painting method; refrigerate until firm.
Make candy shells in baking cups using jumbo muffin cups and 3 tablespoons melted white candy for each; refrigerate until firm. Leave shells in baking cups.
Bake and cool 1-layer cake. Cut cake into rounds using circle cutter. Tort cakes with knife; fill with icing. Place cakes in shells; seal bottom with a thin layer of melted candy. Refrigerate until firm; carefully remove baking cups.
Position cakes bottom side up. Using melted candy in cut parchment bags, pipe garlands 7 pleats wide. Pipe candy dots at garland points. Attach birthday cake candy to each with dots of melted candy.
*Brand confectionery coating.