Candy Castle Cake
Fashion a fairytale fortress around a tiered cake. Our Romantic Castle Cake Set supplies reusable architectural pieces—including towers, windows and doors—that can be decorated with icing or melted candy.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Light Green Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Light Green Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Blue Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Blue Colored Sugar
Candy-coated chocolate dots regular and mini size
Jelly fruit candies
Jelly spearmint leaves
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add Romantic Castle Cake Set Add to shopping list Romantic Castle Cake Set
- Easy-Add 6 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add 14 in. Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 14 in. Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
Ice 2-layer cakes smooth in thinned buttercream. Prepare cakes for stacked construction and position on base board.
For towers being inserted into cake, attach dowel rods, cut 1 in. shorter than height of tier, to bottoms of 3 small and 4 medium turret towers using melted candy.
Insert window and door pieces in cake sides. Position main roof piece.
Position spice drops around top borders of both cakes and jelly fruit candies around bottom border of 6 in. cake.
Insert 4 medium towers in 10 in. cake and 3 small towers in 6 in. cake. Attach 4 large towers to sides of cake and board with buttercream.
Ice turret peaks smooth in blue or green; sprinkle with matching color sugar. Attach turret peaks to towers with buttercream. Attach a spice drop to top of each peak.
Outline around tower windows, door, window and main roof pieces with tip 3 in buttercream.
With royal icing, attach large candy-coated chocolates around door and main roof; attach mini candy-coated chocolates around all windows.
Cut spearmint leaves lengthwise in half; cut each piece in half to make 4 thin leaves.
Dip leaves in granulated sugar; attach to base of cake with royal icing.
*Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.