Candy Cane Chain Cookies
Mint-flavored cookies let you express your own sense of style. Red and white decorations can be done with melted candy, sparkling sugars or nonpareils sprinkles!
2 - 3 drops Peppermint Candy Flavoring or 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)Easy-Add Peppermint Candy Flavoring Add to shopping list Peppermint Candy Flavoring
- Easy-Add Red Cookie Icing Add to shopping list Red Cookie Icing
- Easy-Add White Cookie Icing Add to shopping list White Cookie Icing
- Easy-Add Red Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Red Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Ruby Pearlized Sugar Add to shopping list Ruby Pearlized Sugar
- Easy-Add White Pearlized Sugar Add to shopping list White Pearlized Sugar
Christmas Nonpareils (red and white used)Easy-Add Christmas Nonpareils Add to shopping list Christmas Nonpareils
About 2 dozen, each cookie serves 1.
Prepare Roll-Out Cookie recipe following recipe instructions, adding peppermint candy flavor. Roll out dough 1/8 in. thick; cut candy cane shapes and arrange on cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute; remove to cooling grid and cool completely.
To decorate with Cookie Icing or melted Candy Melts, drizzle in zigzag pattern or completely fill in stripes.
To decorate with Sugars and Nonpareils, spatula ice cookies smooth. Arrange sugars or nonpareils in stripe pattern*; lightly press into icing.
*To make it easier to place sugars and nonpareils, pour into Disposable Decorating Bag. Cut small hole in tip of bag and move the bag over the area to be covered.