Calla Lily Classic Cake
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Ready-To-Use Gum Paste (1 lb)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Leaf Green Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Yellow Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Yellow Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake Serves 40**
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Hexagon Pan Set (12 x 2 used)Easy-Add Hexagon Pan Set Add to shopping list Hexagon Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Calla Lily Former Add to shopping list Calla Lily Former
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 15 x 14 in. plywood or foamcore board (1/4 in. thick)
- 22-gauge cloth-covered florist wire (50 pieces, 6 in. long)
- Green florist tape
- 2 in. high craft block
- Waxed paper
- 1/2 in. wide satin ribbon (White, 2 feet)
- Double stick tape
In advance: Make 50 gum paste calla lilies.
Also in advance: Prepare base board. Using pan as a guide, cut board 1 in. larger than pan on all sides. Cover base board with 24 oz. ivory tinted fondant; reserve remaining fondant.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes. Ice smooth and prepare for Stacked Construction.
Tint 24 oz. fondant ivory and knead in any reserved fondant. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Use pattern to cut scalloped ribbons (cut one 19 in. long for round cake; two 18 in. long for hexagon cake). Use narrow end of tip 8 to cut a hole in each scallop, about 1/4 in. from edge. Roll up ribbons; unroll as you attach to cake sides with icing dots. Pipe tip 5 bead bottom borders. For side flowers on board, use florist tape to secure 3 lilies together at staggered heights. Use remaining lilies and florist tape to assemble bouquet. Wrap stems with ribbon and secure with tape
At reception: Insert dowel rod cut to 4 in. long into center of round cake. Push 1 in. ball of fondant into top end. Insert bouquet at desired height in cake top. Position 3 lilies on base board.
* Combine Ivory with Lemon Yellow for yellow shown.
** The smallest tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the smallest tier.