Butterflies Take Flight Cake
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Garden Tone 4-Icing Colors Set Add to shopping list Garden Tone 4-Icing Colors Set
- Favorite cake recipe or mix
Cake serves 60.
- Easy-Add Fern Designs Fondant & Gum Paste Mold Add to shopping list Fern Designs Fondant & Gum Paste Mold
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
One day in advance, tint fondant as follows: 12 oz. Juniper Green, 4 oz. Buttercup Yellow, 4 oz. Delphinium Blue, 4 oz. Aster Mauve. Make eight mauve butterflies; let dry flat on cornstarch-dusted board. Repeat same process with four blue dragonflies and yellow small 10 butterflies.
Bake and cool two 2-layer cakes. Ice cakes smooth with white buttercream icing. Prepare for stacked construction and fondant covering. Cover cakes with 72 oz. light green fondant and stack cakes. Position on foil-wrapped cake board.
Mold 6, large and small ferns, 6 small, medium and large scrolls and 4 dragonflies. Attach to cake with damp brush.
Use dried fondant pieces to position above the edges of cake; attach with damp brush.
Mold borders using mold and green fondant. Attach with damp brush.