Bursting In Air! Cake
Create an explosion of excitement for your patriotic party! Arrange Color Flow stars on Lollipop Sticks to create the illusion of rockets exploding in the sky.
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Blue Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Blue Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Red Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Red Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Star Cake Pan Add to shopping list Star Cake Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
- 2007 Pattern Book (1 1/4 , 2, 5, 7 in. Patriotic Stars)Easy-Add 2007 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2007 Pattern Book
At least 2 days in advance: Make color flow stars: 1 each 7 in. blue and 5 in. red stars; 5 each 2 in. blue and red stars; and 5 each 11/4 in. blue and red stars.
Outline and flow in following instructions; while still wet, sprinkle with colored sugars. Let dry on waxed paper-covered cake boards.
Ice cake smooth. Pipe tip 21 star bottom border.
Attach 11/4 in. stars to end of lollipop sticks with full-strength color flow.
Pipe a tip 21 mound of buttercream in center of cake top.
Insert 5 of the sticks into mound, aligning ends with star points; insert remaining sticks between star points, aligning with opposite sticks.
Pipe tip 21 mound on both sides of sticks at edge of cake; position 2 in. stars on mounds.
Position 7 in. star in center of cake; attach 5 in. star on top with full-strength color flow.