Bunny in a Basket Mini Cake
This definitely takes the cake this Easter! We take pound cake and shape it using the Mini Bunny/Basket Silicone Mold, then candy coat it for an irresistible treat.
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Colorful Egg Sprinkles Mix Add to shopping list Colorful Egg Sprinkles Mix
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Favorite Firm-textured Pound Cake Recipe
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Mini Bunny/Basket Silicone Mold Add to shopping list Mini Bunny/Basket Silicone Mold
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Waxed paper
- Small Knife
Bake pound cake recipe in Mini Basket Silicone Mold, supported on cookie sheet. Cool. Use knife to gently shave off the egg in the basket so that the background in smooth.
Melt candy and use spatula to ice candy on back of cake; refrigerate until set. Place cake on cooling grid with basket side facing up. Using melted candy in cut disposable bag, pipe zigzag handle on basket beginning on center of handle. Do not allow candy to go into the background. Pipe remainder of cake with melted candy in cut disposable decorating bag. Tap cooling grid to have candy cover evenly. Use knife to remove any candy that falls into the background; let set. Repeat same process for second coat.
With tip 3 and blue icing, outline and pipe-in background area (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Use tip 7 and white icing to pipe round head, ears and arms (smooth slightly with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 3 fingers with white icing and pipe tip 3 inside of ears with rose icing. Use icing to pipe tip 2 brown dot eyes and outline mouth and rose dot nose. Use tip 3 and white icing to pipe basketweave and zigzags along rim. Pipe tip 3 rope handle. Pipe tip 2 green icing pull-out grass and add eggs from sprinkle decoration mix.