Bunny Takes a Bow Easter Egg
This hard-cooked egg’s all set for the big day, with a bright bow tie and perked-up ears made with a fondant/Gum-Tex™ mix. Use colorful FoodWriter® edible color markers and candy eyeballs to finish this cute cottontail’s face.
- White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant (2 oz. makes 1 egg)Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Hard Cooked Eggs
- White Candy Melts® Candy (1 oz. makes 6-8 eggs)Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Candy Eyeballs Add to shopping list Candy Eyeballs
- FoodWriters™ Finetip Neon Colors Edible Color Markers (purple used)Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Finetip Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Finetip Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
Each egg serves one
Step 1Shape a 1 in. diameter ball of yellow fondant for base. Press down center. Attach egg with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Let set.
Step 2Add 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 2 oz. fondant per egg. Tint 1 oz. yellow, 1/4 oz. rose and reserve 3/4 oz. white for each egg.
Step 3For bow tie, roll out yellow fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use knife to cut two strips for loops, 1/2 in. x 2 in., and one strip for knot, 1/2 in. x 1 in. Attach loop ends with damp brush. Wrap around knot strip at center, securing with damp brush. Let dry.
Step 4For ears, roll out white fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use knife to cut two ears, 1 in. x 1 3/4 in. Roll out rose fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use knife to cut two inside ears, 1/2 in. x 1 1/2 in. Attach inside ears to ears with damp brush. Let dry.
Step 5For nose, roll a 1/4 in. rose ball. Attach nose, candy eyeballs, ears and bow tie with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Let set.
Step 6Draw whiskers and mouth with purple FoodWriter marker.
0 Reviews by the community
0 Questions by the community