Bunches and Bows Cake
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- granulated sugar
Cake serves 156.
- Easy-Add 8 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 16 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 16 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set Add to shopping list Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set
- Easy-Add 9 in. Twist Legs Add to shopping list 9 in. Twist Legs
- Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set (6, 10, 14 in, plates)Easy-Add Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set Add to shopping list Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Approximately 30 Plastic grape clusters
- 20 in. diameter plywood or foamcore board
Several days in advance: Make bow loops. Add 2 teaspoons of Gum-Tex to each 24 oz. of fondant (192 oz. will be needed). Roll out 1/8 in. thick. For 16 in. cake, make approximately 40 loops, cutting a 1 3/8 in. wide x 16-18 in. long strip for each. For 12 in. cake, make approximately 30 loops, cutting a 1 3/8 x 12-14 in. long strip for each. For top bow, make approximately 18 loops, cutting a 1 in. wide x 11-12 in. long strip for each. Brush one end of strips with water, fold over and secure ends to form loops. Let dry on sides for several days on cornstarch-dusted board. When dry, brush loops with Pearl Dust. On 6 in. plate, assemble top bow using royal icing; let dry. Also: Prepare grape clusters. Mix Meringue Powder with a little water; brush onto grapes, then sprinkle with sugar.
Prepare 2-layer cakes (bake two 2 1/2 in. layers to make 5 in. high cakes) for rolled fondant and Push-In Pillar Construction. Cover cakes with rolled fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Wrap base with foil; position 16 in. cake. Randomly imprint cake sides with large, medium and small C-scrolls from press set. Outline scrolls with tip 3 in buttercream; pipe tip 3 curls on some scrolls. Pipe tip 5 bead bottom borders.
At reception: Assemble cakes. Attach two rows of loops on 16 and 12 in. cakes with royal icing; trim loops as needed to fit. Position top bow. Position grape clusters.
Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown shown.
The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.