Buccaneer Tiers Cake
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
graham cracker crumbs
Gold-Foil Wrapped Coins
assorted rock candy
Cake serves 42.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 9 Add to shopping list Tip: 9
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 2 in. Globe Tier Set Add to shopping list 2 in. Globe Tier Set
- Easy-Add 2 1/2 in. Globe Tier Set Add to shopping list 2 1/2 in. Globe Tier Set
- Decorator Preferred® Square Separator Plates (6 in. plated needed)Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Square Separator Plates Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Square Separator Plates
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 14 in. square plywood or foamcore board (1/2 in. thick)
- Easy-Add Pastry Brush Add to shopping list Pastry Brush
In advance: Tint fondant as follows: 1 oz. gray, 2 oz. green, 3 oz. orange, 3 oz. yellow, 4 oz. red, 6 oz. black, 12 oz. light copper.
Make pirates. Make 4 small pirates using 2 in. globes. Roll out tinted fondant 1/8 in. thick (unless otherwise specified). Cut a 2 x 7 in. strip to cover each globe using light copper for heads, assorted colors for shirts. Brush globes with piping gel and attach fondant, smoothing with hand. Leave opening for pillars clear of fondant. Cut 1 x 7 in. strips for pants and attach as above using damp brush. For V-neckline, cut away a small triangle of shirt and replace with light copper. Roll 1 1/2 x 1/2 in. diameter logs for arms. Flatten one end for hand; use knife to cut slits for fingers. For shirt sleeves, roll small amounts of fondant to 1/16 in. thick. Cut 1/2 x 1 1/2 in. long strips; cut away triangles for torn edge. Attach around arms using damp brush. Attach arms to bodies with melted candy. For shoes, shape 1 1/4 x 3/4 in. ovals; flatten and attach.
Roll out small amount of black and white fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut eyes using narrow end of tip 12, pupils using tip 9; attach. Add tip 1 white dot highlight. Roll small ball for nose; attach. Cut 3/4 x 1/8 in. strip for mouth; attach. For bandanas, cut a 2 1/2 in circle. Attach to head offset to one side; cut away any fondant that blocks hole. Shape 2 teardrops 3/4 in. long for ties and small ball for knot; attach with candy. Pipe tip 2 icing dots. For ears, cut circle with tip 2A; cut in half and attach with candy. Roll small log for hoop earring; curve and attach. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Make large pirate using 2 1/2 in. globes. Cover top hole of globe for head with tape. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick (unless otherwise specified). Cut 2 1/2 x 8 in. strips, light copper for head, red for shirt. Attach as above. Cut a 1 1/4 x 8 in. strip for pants; attach. Cut a 1 x 1 1/2 in. high rectangle for front shirt panel and 2 small triangles for lapels; attach. Roll out small amount of white very thin; cut a circle using wide end of tip 2A. Fold and curve for rosette neck accent; attach. For arms, roll 1 x 3/4 in. diameter logs; attach with candy. Roll and flatten 1 in. ball for hand; cut slits for fingers. Attach with candy. For hook, roll and curve a 1/4 in. diameter log. Shape a 3/4 in. ball into a tiered base. Attach hook to base and base to arm using candy. For epaulets, cut 2 circles using wide end of tip 1; attach. For shoes, shape 1 x 3/8 in. ovals; flatten and attach.
For facial features, patch, skull and crossbones roll out small amounts of black and white fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut eye using narrow end of tip 2A, pupil using tip 12; attach. Add tip 1 white dot highlight. Roll small ball for nose; attach. Cut 1 x 1/8 in. strip for mouth; attach. For patch, cut a circle using wide end of tip 2A; cut in half and attach. Cut a 1/8 in. wide strip and attach for strap. For ears, cut a circle using tip 1A; cut in half, indent and attach. Roll small log for hoop earring; attach. Use pattern to cut out hat; fold in half and attach. For skull, cut circle with wide end of tip 2A; shape slightly. Cut out eyes and nose using tip 3; cut slit for mouth. Attach to hat. For bones, cut 2 strips 1 x 1/8 in.; attach. Roll tiny logs and attach to ends of bones. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface. Attach to hat.
Also: Cover base board with 36 oz. ivory fondant.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes (bake 1 1/2 in. high layers for 3 in. high cakes). Prepare for Globe Pillar Construction. Tint 54 oz. light blue and 20 oz. medium blue. Prepare and cover both cakes with light blue fondant.
Cut 5 pillars to 7 in. long. Use 6 in. plate to mark feet positions on 10 in. cake, and then insert 4 pillars. Insert last pillar in center of 6 in. cake. Roll out medium blue fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut a strip 2 1/4 x 24 in. long; cut random waves 1 1/4 to 2 1/4 in. deep on top edge. Brush back with damp brush and attach around sides of 6 in. cake. Repeat for 10 in. cake using two 20 in. long strips.
Brush cake tops and base board with piping gel; cover with graham cracker "sand." Slide pirates onto pillars. Attach candy around border with dots of icing.
At party: Assemble cakes.
*Combine Red-Red with Christmas Red for red shown. Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more