Buccaneer Headgear Cake
Just a few alterations and additions turn a Crown Pan cake into a pirate king’s hat. Cover the cake in black fondant to highlight white fondant forms shaped with our skull and alphabet cutters.
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 12
- Easy-Add Crown Pan Add to shopping list Crown Pan
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™
- 3 Pc. Halloween Cookie Cutters (skull)Easy-Add 3 Pc. Halloween Cookie Cutters Add to shopping list 3 Pc. Halloween Cookie Cutters
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Bake and cool cake. Trim 1 1/2 in. off bottom edge; trim off crown points at left and right of center point.
Prepare and cover with 20 oz. fondant tinted black.
Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut a 26 x 1/2 in. wide strip. Attach around edge of hat using damp brush; trim ends as needed.
Cut skull using cutter from set. Using pattern, cut out facial features. Attach skull to hat. For bones, cut 2 strips, 3 x 1/4 in. Attach 1; cut 2nd in half diagonally and attach on sides of 1st bone. Roll 8 balls, 1/4 in. diameter; attach to bone ends. Use alphabet cutters to cut out name; attach.