Fondant Ribbon Cut…
Bubbling With Excitement Cake
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Pirate Ship Pan Add to shopping list Pirate Ship Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Round Comfort Grip™ Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Round Comfort Grip™ Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Fondant Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set Add to shopping list Fondant Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Several days in advance, mix 8 oz. of fondant with 1 teaspoon of gum-tex. Tint 4 oz. copper and 4 oz. lemon yellow/golden yellow combination. Roll copper fondant 1/8 in. thick and use Round Cookie Cutter to cut head. Use large open end of any tip to cut two copper cheeks. Roll out 1/4 in. ball of copper fondant and flatten slightly for nose. For hand, roll out copper fondant 1/8 in. thick, use medium round Cut-Out; cut circle in half and cut three slits to form fingers. Let all pieces dry on surface dusted with cornstarch.
For umbrella, roll fondant 1/8 in. thick and use pattern to cut shape. Emboss spokes of umbrella with embosser wheel. Let dry on surface dusted with cornstarch. Roll out 6 in. x 1/4 in. yellow fondant log and flatten ends slightly for umbrella handle. Use 1/4 oz. of white fondant for each foot of tub. Let dry on cornstarch dusted surface.
Bake and cool cake. Ice sides and background smooth. Outline tub with tip 3 and fill in with tip 16 stars. Overpipe tub outline with tip 3 and build up with tip 16 stars. Position feet on tub.
Draw facial features on baby's face with FoodWriter. Attach nose and cheeks with tip 3 dots of icing. Position face on cake. Position umbrella handle on cake and shape hand around it. Roll out various sizes of white fondant balls and attach to cake with tip 3 dots of icing. Position umbrella top on cake. Pipe tip 21 bottom shell border. Print tip 3 message. Add ball on umbrella top with tip 3 dot of icing.
Combine Lemon Yellow and Golden Yellow for yellow shade shown.