Broad Stripes, Bright Stars Cake
Proclaim America’s greatness with a #1 Pan cake topped with a message detailed in cookies. Change the message for Memorial Day, Flag Day, and Veterans Day festivities.
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Yellow Sparkle Gel Add to shopping list Yellow Sparkle Gel
Cake serves 12; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add #1 Pan Add to shopping list #1 Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Nesting Star Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Star Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
Prepare and roll out cookie dough. Cut stars using cutters from set: 2 in smallest size, 3 in 2nd smallest, 3 in 3rd smallest (bake 1 on cookie stick), 1 in 3rd largest and 1 in 2nd largest. Bake and cool cookies. Outline with tip 3; fill in with Sparkle Gel.
Bake and cool cake. Position on wrapped, cut-to-fit cake board; ice smooth.
Use tip 4 to pipe 2 vertical lines to define the firecracker's sides. Use ruler to mark 1 in. wide stripes, running across cake at a 45º angle.
Cover stripes with tip 18 stars in alternating colors. Pipe tip 21 star bottom border.
Insert cookie stick star into cake top. Attach remaining cookies with icing. For raised cookies, rest higher layers on marshmallows cut to the height needed. Pipe tip 3 message.