Bring Home The Harvest Hayride Cake
Brighten any autumn occasion by serving a cake that’s “the cream of the crop.” Use our Pumpkin Cake recipe or your favorite boxed spice cake mix to match the flavor to the Bring Home the Harvest cake design.
- Easy-Add Orange Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Orange Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Green Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Green Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Yellow Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Yellow Candy Melts® Candy
Orange spice drops
Red spice drops
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar plus additional for making spice drop fruit
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine softened
1 can (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
1 cup sour cream
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
Bake-Easy™ Non-Stick Spray
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Fire Truck Pan Add to shopping list Fire Truck Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 14 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 10 x 14 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Pumpkins Candy Mold Add to shopping list Pumpkins Candy Mold
- Easy-Add Mini Leaves Candy Mold Add to shopping list Mini Leaves Candy Mold
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 47 Add to shopping list Tip: 47
Melt Candy Melts according to package directions.
Fill pumpkins candy molds with melted candy; tap mold to remove any air bubbles. Fill fall leaves candy molds with melted candy.
If desired, place 2 colors in mold and gently swirl colors using a toothpick then tap mold to remove any air bubbles. Refrigerate until firm. Carefully pop candies out of molds.
Make pears and apples using spice drops.
Apples: Cut off bottom edge of spice drops. Use tip 3 to make indent in top of apple. Roll green spice drop on granulated sugar to flatten; cut into leaf shape with stem. Insert in top of apple.
Pears: Using knife, trim top of green spice drop to create a pear shape. Indent top as with apple. Cut out leaf and stem as for apple; insert into top of pear.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pan with non-stick spray.
In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine pumpkin and sour cream. Combine flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin mixture, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Turn out onto wire rack; cool completely.
Meanwhile, cut cake board 1-inch larger than pan; cover with foil. Arrange cooled cake on prepared board.
Spatula ice sides and background with ivory icing. Smooth ice white windows and headlights. Use tip 3 to outline golden yellow-lemon yellow truck cab and brown back of truck.
Pipe tip 12 yellow bumper and running board.
Pipe in center of tires gray; smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Pipe tip 3 hubcap, smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Fill in yellow cab of truck with tip 16 stars.
Use tip 47 to fill in back of truck with brown icing.
Pipe black tip 16 tires.
Using tip 12, pipe icing in back of truck, press toasted coconut and candies into icing. Add tip 12 line of icing along bottom border; press in coconut.