Brimming With Roses Cake
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Aster Mauve Icing Color Add to shopping list Aster Mauve Icing Color
- Easy-Add Juniper Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Juniper Green Icing Color
- Favorite Cake Mix or Recipe
Cake serves 10.
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 104 Add to shopping list Tip: 104
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add 8 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Circle Add to shopping list Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Metal Spatula Add to shopping list Metal Spatula
- Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set (vine patterns used)Easy-Add Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set Add to shopping list Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set
- Waxed paper
Several days before decorating cake, make roses. Prepare 6 cups royal icing; tint 3 cups icing dark mauve and the remaining 3 cups light mauve. Using the flower nail, make 20 tip 104 roses with tip 12 bases in each shade. Let dry completely. Make extras to allow for breakage.
Bake and cool 1-layer round cake. Tort layers. Stack cake layers on foil-wrapped cake board using buttercream icing as a filling.
Spatula ice cake smooth with buttercream icing; let set about 15 minutes. Dip pattern press into cornstarch, then randomly imprint design on cake sides. Using buttercream, pipe tip 2 balls on imprinted areas. Add tip 5 bead bottom border. Pipe tip 12 mounds of icing at various heights on cake top; position roses on mounds. Pipe tip 352 leaves with green buttercream icing.