Brimming With Blossoms Cake
Individual streams of drop flowers trickle down the sides of this cake to create a rich, overflowing look.
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 154.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Wonder Mold Pan Add to shopping list Mini Wonder Mold Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Planter Fondant Mold Set Add to shopping list Planter Fondant Mold Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add White Tulle Circles Add to shopping list White Tulle Circles
- Styrofoam craft block
- cloth-covered white florist wire (97 - 5 inch pieces needed)
- 3 inch diameter Stryofoam ball (cut in half)
- Waxed paper
- 14 in. square triple-thick cardboard
One week in advance, make gum paste vase. Tint 1 pk. of fondant light yellow and make the following flowers using cutters from Floral Collection Flower Making Set: 312 baby's breath blossoms, 320 forget-me-nots, 500 apple blossoms and 525 pansies. After cutting out flowers, place on foam and cup using modeling tool from set. Position flowers on flower formers that have been dusted with cornstarch. Using royal icing, add tip 1 dot centers to baby's breath and forget-me-nots and tip 2 dot centers to apple blossoms and pansies. (Note: Store tinted fondant flowers away from light to prevent fading.)
At least 3 days in advance, make 80 wired flowers: Make base for each flower by piping tip 4 mound of royal icing on waxed paper square.
Hook one end of 5 in. florist wire and insert into icing mound. Blend icing onto wire using decorator brush dipped in water. Insert wires into craft block to dry. The next day, attach flowers (55 pansies and 25 apple blossoms) to bases with tip 2 and royal icing; let dry.
To hold wired flowers, insert half of 3 in. Styrofoam® ball, curved side down, inside vase. Insert wired flowers. Make 17 tulle puffs, gathered at center and secured with florist wire, and insert around wired flowers.
Ice 2-layer cakes and prepare for stacked construction. Pipe tip 6 bead top and bottom borders in buttercream on all cakes. Attach various flowers on borders, with smaller flowers cascading down sides; use tip 6 and buttercream icing to attach large flowers and tip 2 to attach tiny flowers. At reception, position vase.
*Note: The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.