Brilliant Basket Cake
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 30.
- Easy-Add 6 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 9 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Oval Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Oval Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make fondant pieces. Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown. Tint fondant as follows: 6 oz. yellow, 4 oz. green, 2 oz. light blue, 2 oz. violet, 2 oz. rose, 2 oz. orange. Add 3/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex to yellow, 1/2 teaspoon to green and 1/4 teaspoon to all other colors. Shape 4 oz. yellow into 3 logs 3/8 x 18 in.; braid together. Cover handle pattern with waxed paper; dust with cornstarch. Curve braid over pattern; let dry.
Make leaves. Roll out green fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut leaves using medium Cut-Out; move cutter down 1/8 in. and cut again to make leaf slightly smaller. Cut 1/8 in. off bottom to make a straight edge. Make 45-50 leaves; let dry on cornstarch-dusted medium flower formers.
Make eggs. Roll out 5 fondant colors 1/8 in. thick. Use largest oval Cut-Out to cut 2-3 eggs in each color. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface 24 to 48 hours.Use melted candy to attach lollipop sticks to back of eggs and to each end of handle. Leave ends exposed to insert into cake.
Bake and cool 1-layer 6 in. cake (3 in. high) and 2-layer 9 in. cake (bake 2 layers 1 1/2 in. high for a 3 in. high cake). Prepare for rolled fondant and stacked construction. Tint 18 oz. fondant yellow, 30 oz. rose (reserve 3 oz. white). Cover cakes; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Stack cakes.
Pipe tip 5 bead bottom borders. Roll out white fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use smallest round Cut-Out to cut approximately 70 dots; attach to cakes using damp brush. Insert handle into cake top; insert eggs. Use melted candy to attach 2 rows of leaves around edge of top cake.