Bright With White Cake
Fondant loops and streamers decorate this Bright With White Cake. The top loops are made ahead of time so they hold their shape. The Cutter/Embosser wheel cuts the decorative scalloped edge. Watch our online video.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Favorite cake recipe
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set Add to shopping list Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother (optional)Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Cake Dividing Set (optional)Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Paring Knife
- Tissue paper
Several days before decorating cake add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to each packet of purple, pink orange and yellow fondant in Multi-Packs.
Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Make 8 bow strips using zigzag cutting wheels and 1/2 in. spacers from Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set.
Cut 1 strip approximately 4-1/2 in. long, cut the remaining strips approximately 6-1/2 in. long. Cut 2 strips of each color about 1/4 in. wide.
Shape center and loops, sealing ends, if necessary, with a little water; trim off corners of bow loops to form an outward "V" shape.
Allow loops to dry on cornstarch dusted surface, supporting with crushed tissue inside. Reserve remaining fondant.
Bake and cool a 2-layer 9-inch round cake. Stack cooled cake layers on foil-covered cake board.
Prepare for fondant by lightly icing with buttercream.
Cover cake with white fondant; smooth.
Roll out reserved fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 8 in. long and 6 in. long ribbon strips, using Ribbon Cutter/Embosser wheels as for loops.
Cut inverted "V" in 6 in. long strips. Divide cake into 8ths; attach strips at cake divisions with damp brush. Trim off excess.
Attach bow loops with fondant adhesive.
Roll 1/4 in. diameter balls of matching neon fondant for each bow loop and ribbon strip; attach 1/2 in. apart with damp brush.