Bright Flight Cake
Heart and Mini Ball cakes construct this bright butterfly in flight. Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant makes the decorating so easy!
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Black shoestring licorice Add to shopping list Black shoestring licorice
Mini candy-coated chocolates
Cake serves 14.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Heart Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Heart Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
Several days in advance, cut two 6 in. pieces of licorice for antennae. Roll into curls; let dry.
Bake and cool two 1-layer heart cakes and 4 mini ball cakes. Tint two boxes of fondant orange and 1/2 box yellow. Prepare cakes by lightly icing with buttercream and cover with fondant. Smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother.
Tint a 1 in. diameter ball of fondant lime green (combine yellow and green to achieve shade). For spots on wings, cut dots from fondant with large opening of tip 2A; attach with brush dipped in water.
Tint remaining fondant rose; roll out into four 5/8 in. diameter ropes, 10 inches long. Position ropes on cake with brush dipped in water.
Attach chocolate candy eyes with buttercream icing. Cut and attach pieces of shoestring licorice for mouth and eyelashes with buttercream. Insert antennae.