Bow Trio Cakes
The ice cream shades of peach and pistachio were meant to go together and they blend beautifully on our Bow Trio Cakes. Each cake has a different fondant detail below the bow- polka dots, stripes and pinpoint dots keep your interest from top to bottom.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Creamy Peach Icing Color Add to shopping list Creamy Peach Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Cakes serve 88.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1M Add to shopping list Tip: 1M
- Easy-Add Tip: 9 Add to shopping list Tip: 9
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add 3-Tier Pillar Cake Stand Add to shopping list 3-Tier Pillar Cake Stand
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make bows. Tint 13 oz. fondant light peach, 21 oz. dark peach and 26 oz. light green. For green and dark peach bows, knead 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex into 6 oz. of each color. For light peach bow, knead 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex into 3 oz. fondant. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut 10-15 strips per bow, 1 x 8 in. Brush ends with fondant adhesive and pinch together to form loop. Set on cut edge sides on cornstarch-dusted surface; let dry for 2-3 days. Reserve remaining fondant for cake accents. Also: Make gift card. Add 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 2 oz. white fondant; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut a 2 1/2 x 1 1/2 in. rectangle; cut hole with wide end of tip 9. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Write message with FoodWriter marker. Roll a 2 x 1/8 in. log of fondant for tie; thread through hole in tag.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes and prepare for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Cover cakes with fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Roll out reserved fondant 1/8 in. thick. For 8 in. cake, cut circles in 3 colors using wide end of tip 1M; attach to cake with damp brush. For bottom border, roll 1/2 in. balls in light peach; attach with damp brush. For 10 in. cake, cut 3/4 x 4 in. long strips in all colors; attach 1/4 in. apart with damp brush. For bottom border, cut 45 x 1/2 in. wide strips. Attach ends with adhesive; attach at base of cake. For 12 in. cake, cut three 5/8 in. green strips to encircle cake; attach with adhesive. Cut dots in light peach using tip 12; attach.
At reception: Position cakes on stand. Assemble bows on waxed paper-covered cake circles using melted Candy Melts. Position 6-7 loops for base layer (trim pinched ends into a v-shape to fit); add additional loops to fill center. Position bows and attach gift tag with damp brush.