Bouquet of Roses Flower Pot Cake
Spectacular royal icing roses decorate these mini cakes. Set one at each place setting at a bridal shower or at Mother’s Day. These cakes are fun to make using the Wilton Flower Pot Mini Cake Pan.
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
Your favorite firm-textured batter cake recipe such as pound cake
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color
Brown Icing Color (Combine Copper Icing Color with Brown Icing Color for terra cotta shown)Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
Each Serves 1.
- Easy-Add 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 104 Add to shopping list Tip: 104
- Easy-Add Standard Coupler Add to shopping list Standard Coupler
- Easy-Add Flower Nail Add to shopping list Flower Nail
- Easy-Add Pre-Cut Icing Flower Squares Add to shopping list Pre-Cut Icing Flower Squares
- Easy-Add Flower Pot Mini Cake Pan Add to shopping list Flower Pot Mini Cake Pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 9 in. Straight Spatula Add to shopping list 9 in. Straight Spatula
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
One day in advance, make roses. Prepare royal icing recipe following recipe directions. Tint rose. Use tip 12, tip 104, flower nail, icing flower squares and rose icing to make 10 roses for each cake. Set aside to dry 24 hours.
Make flower pot cakes. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake according to pan package directions. Cool in pan 10 minutes on cooling grid. Invert pan onto cooling grid and allow to cool completely upside down.
Decorate flower pot. Prepare buttercream icing following recipe directions. Tint portions terra cotta and green. Use spatula and terra cotta icing to cover flower pot.
Assemble flower pot. Use a cut disposable decorating bag to pipe a mound of green icing in center of flower pot. Position roses. Use tip 352 and green icing to pipe leaves in between roses.