Bountiful Blossom Cake
A luscious flower crowns this gorgeous cake, perfect for a birthday, shower or Mother’s Day celebration. Accented with sparkling sugar, our edible flower is made from simple shapes cut from Sugar Sheets!
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Light Green Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Green Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add White Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list White Cake Sparkles™
- Easy-Add Light Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Spring Confetti Sprinkles Add to shopping list Spring Confetti Sprinkles
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add 8 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 11 in. Straight Spatula Add to shopping list 11 in. Straight Spatula
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Circle Add to shopping list Cake Circle
- Easy-Add 13 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 13 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Single Shape Punch Set Add to shopping list Single Shape Punch Set
- Easy-Add Wave Flower Former Add to shopping list Wave Flower Former
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
Bake and cool one-layer cake. Tint buttercream light rose color. Place cake on foil-wrapped cake circle. Ice smooth with buttercream. Using tip 7 and buttercream, pipe bead border around cake.
Using punch with Oval Cutting Insert, punch 22 ovals (and some extras in case of breakage) from Bright Green Sugar Sheets! Crease each oval lengthwise and place on flower former to hold shape. Brush edges of ovals with piping gel and cover with Cake Sparkles. Let dry.
To assemble flower, place 10 ovals around cake in a circular pattern. Pipe a small mound of buttercream under each petal so they sit at an angle. Place eight ovals in second layer, piping buttercream under each petal to secure. Place four petals in third layer. Pipe buttercream under each petal to secure.
Using the narrow end of tip 1A, cut a circle from Light Yellow Sugar Sheets! Attach to center of flower with piping gel.
Attach pink confetti sprinkles around side of cake using piping gel.