Botanic Rainbow Cake
Making each cake layer a complementing color creates two-layer drama. Such pretty pastels with shaggy mums make a soft and welcoming dessert.
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Pink Icing Color Add to shopping list Pink Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Decorator Icing Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Decorator Icing
Vanilla wafer cookies
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Tip: 233 Add to shopping list Tip: 233
- Easy-Add Tip: 789 Add to shopping list Tip: 789
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
In advance use tip 6 and Lemon Yellow icing to make 6 Shaggy Mums on vanilla wafers; make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Bake and cool 2-layer cake. Use spatula to ice top of cake white. Use icer tip 789 and pink buttercream icing to ice bottom layer of cake; repeat for top half of cake using green icing. Use tip 21 and yellow icing to pipe a shell border between green and pink sections on side. Attach Shaggy Mums to cake top with icing.