Long Loaf Pan
Booked for Another Year Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Bold Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Bold Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Cake serves 18.
- Easy-Add Long Loaf Pan Add to shopping list Long Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutters Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutters Set
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add People Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list People Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
In advance, make fondant message, students and books.
For letters, roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut using alphabet cookie cutters from set; let dry overnight on cornstarch-dusted surface.
When completely dry, attach small pieces of fondant with damp brush on bottom back of letters to create a standing base.
For students, roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut using people Cut-Outs.
For boy holding paper, shape shirt with arms facing downward; cut 1/2 x 3/4 in. piece of fondant for paper. Cut hands with shoe cutter and cut in half; use curved end for hands. Let all student pieces dry overnight on cornstarch-dusted surface.
When faces are dry, draw facial features with FoodWriter. Attach hands and feet to students using small pieces of fondant, attached with damp brush, to clothing. Attach paper to boy with damp brush; fold hands around paper.
In buttercream, pipe tip 2 hair.
To make 8 books, cut white fondant 1 x 1/2 x 1/8 in. thick. Wrap pieces with colored fondant cut slightly larger than white fondant; attach with damp brush. Use straight-edge wheel of Cutter/Embosser to score binder tops.
Bake and cool long loaf cake. Prepare cake for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Cover cake with 36 oz. of white fondant; smooth.
Tint remaining 12 oz. of white fondant gray by kneading in a 1 in. ball of black fondant from Natural Colors Multi Pack. To a 2 in. ball of gray, add additional black fondant to create a darker gray shade for inside of open lockers.
Roll out light gray fondant and cut into long strips 4 1/4 in. high, various lengths; roll out dark gray fondant and cut 1 x 4 1/2 in. strips. Attach light and dark gray strips to cake with damp brush.
Use straight-edge wheel to imprint every 1 in. to create lockers. Cut 2 light gray open locker pieces 4 1/2 x 1 in. and let dry overnight.
Use buttercream icing and tip 2 to pipe vent lines and handles on lockers
Attach open locker doors and students with damp brush. Position books and message.