Book These Friends For Life! Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Burgundy Icing Color Add to shopping list Burgundy Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
Cake serves 24.
- Easy-Add Book Pan Add to shopping list Book Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 1L Add to shopping list Tip: 1L
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Decorating Comb Add to shopping list Decorating Comb
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Sharp Knife
Ice cake smooth. Use Decorating Comb on cake sides to resemble pages.
For top pages of book use 1 1/2 pks. of fondant. Use inside of cake pan for pattern, position rolled out fondant in pan and trim to fit.
Carefully remove fondant from pan and position on cake top. Tint 1/2 pk. of fondant burgundy, roll into "ropes" and position around bottom border as book cover.
Position Photo Space Patterns over fondant on cake and use sharp knife to cut out squares. Tint two 2 in. balls of fondant light gray and light blue; roll out to the same thickness as white pages.
Cut out photo spaces using patterns. Position light gray and blue fondant pieces in cut areas on cake.
Make 2 in. balls of the following color fondant: 2 shades of warm gray, 2 shades of light gray.
Make 1 in. balls of copper, rose, blue and green. Roll out copper and 1 shade of light gray and use open ends of tip 2A to cut out small and large heads from fondant; attach to cake with damp brush. Position on cake.
Cut out clothes patterns (same pattern for all) from 2 shades of warm gray and 1 shade of cool gray, rose, blue and green; position on cake.
Using buttercream, pipe tip 2 string hair and tip 1 facial features and glasses.
Print names under photos with tip 1L. Print tip 2 message.
(Note: Make light gray fondant by adding a little black color to white; make warm gray fondant by adding a little brown to gray.)