Blue Carnation Cake!
Artistically folded Sugar Sheets! create a stunning cake topped with the most beautiful blue carnation and bordered with matching pleated Sugar Sheets! Perfect for any special occasion, like Mother’s Day, a graduation or wedding shower.
- Easy-Add Light Blue Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Blue Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment Add to shopping list Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add 8 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Rotary Cutter Add to shopping list Rotary Cutter
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
Bake and cool 1-layer, 3 in. high cake. Position on prepared cake board. Ice smooth with buttercream icing.
For carnation, use Rotary Cutter to cut Light Blue Sugar Sheets! into 35 to 40 strips, 3 1/2 in. long x 1 3/8 in. wide. Reserve Sugar Sheets! to be used later.
Accordion fold strips, 1/4 in. wide. Brush pleats at one end with piping gel to keep in place, pinch and set aside. Repeat for remaining fans.
Use tip 8 to pipe a mound of icing on center top of cake. Insert fans in alternating directions form fan. Start straight up and down, and as you move outward, tilt slightly. Finished carnation should measure 5 to 5 1/2 in. across.
To make bottom ruffle, cut reserved Sugar Sheets! into 3 1/2 in. long x 1 in. wide strips. Cut extras, if needed. Accordion fold.
Pipe tip 8 bead bottom border. Position pleated strips against cake, resting on border. Attach strips with brush and piping gel.
Randomly place blue confetti dots on top and sides of cake.