Blossoming Chocolate Trio Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Soft Yellow Sugar Add to shopping list Soft Yellow Sugar
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
Cake serves 60.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add 15-Pc. Cake Stand Set Add to shopping list 15-Pc. Cake Stand Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Flower Former Set (large and medium used)Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Kit Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Kit
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Flower Spikes Add to shopping list Flower Spikes
- Easy-Add 6 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 6 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 8 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add 10 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 10 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- 26-gauge cloth-covered wire
- Florist tape
- 5/8 inch wide ivory ribbon (2 1/4 yards needed)
- Non-toxic chalk
In advance, make flowers. Divide 2 gum paste packets and tint as follows: 1/2 pk. orange, 1/2 pk. rose, 1/2 pk. violet, 1/4 pk. green, 1/4 pk. yellow.
Make 3 of each size and color flowers.
For large flowers: Roll gum paste 1/16th in. thick. Cut out 6 petals with tulip leaf cutter from set (keep petals covered with cloth when not in used). On 3 petals, slightly soften edges with ball tool from set. Cut 1/4 in. off bottom of leaf; dip end 6 in. length of wire into gum paste adhesive. Gently pinch base of petal around wire and let dry on large flower former dusted with cornstarch. On the remaining 3 petals, use stick #2 from set to ruffle edges of petals; repeat steps to attach wires. Let dry on large flower formers dusted to cornstarch.
For medium flowers: Repeat same process as with large flowers, only double cut for smaller flower, moving cutter down 1 in. after first cut; remove excess gum paste. Let dry on medium flower formers dusted with cornstarch.
For stamens: Roll a small piece of gum paste tinted yellow into a tapered log. For large flowers make them 1 1/2 in. long, for medium flowers 1 in. long. Insert into 6 in wire and paint with gum paste adhesive and cover with yellow sugars; let dry.
For leaves: Use green gum paste and follow same directions for cutting petals, except do not soften or ruffle. With pointed end of stick #2 from set, imprint center and side veins; let dry on medium flower former dusted with cornstarch. When dry, grate matching color chalk with tea strainer and brush on to matching leaf, heavier at base and feather outward to tip of petal.
Attach 3 ruffled petals to stamen wire, one and a time. Wrap each petal with florist tape to attach to stamen wire. Attach smooth petals in between ruffled petals.
Back and cool 2-layer cakes and place on same size cake circles. Prepare cakes to be covered with Chocolate Ganache by lightly icing with buttercream. Place cakes on cooling grid positioned over cookie sheet and cover with ganache; let set. Cut ribbon to fit around bottom border of cake and attach with dots of icing. Place cakes on corresponding-size place and pipe tip 3 bead bottom borders with white buttercream. Arrange flowers; trim wires as necessary. Into flowers into flower spikes, adding extra gum paste for support if necessary. Arrange flowers and leaves.