Blossoming Cake for Mom
Beautiful wildflowers meander up the sides of this lovely floral cake made especially for Mother’s Day. Our Daisies and Pink Posies Icing Decorations add a beautiful, easy accent to the sides.
Favorite Cake Mix or Recipe
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add daisy icing flowers Add to shopping list daisy icing flowers
- Easy-Add Pink Posies Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Pink Posies Icing Decorations
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Coupler Add to shopping list Coupler
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
Bake 2-layer 6 in. x 4 in. cake. Cool. Ice cake smooth using blue icing.
Use ruler and toothpick to mark 1 in. spaces on cake sides.
Pipe wavy lines using tip 4 and green icing. Pipe one tall line alternating with one short line. Attach large flowers to tall lines and small flowers to short lines with dots of icing.
Pipe leaves on bottom border using tip 352 and green icing vines. Pipe message with tip 4 and rose icing.