Fondant Ribbon Cut…
Blossom Inspiration Cake
- Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Golden Yellow Icing Color (Combine colors for yellow show)Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Sugar Pearls Add to shopping list White Sugar Pearls
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Cross Pan Add to shopping list Cross Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Flower Cutter Set Add to shopping list Gum Paste Flower Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Fondant Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set Add to shopping list Fondant Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
Bake and cool cake. Position on cut and foil-wrapped cake board.
Tint 36 oz. fondant yellow. Reserve remaining white. Prepare cake and cover with yellow fondant, trimming excess.
Tint leftover fondant deeper yellow. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Use Large Blossom Ejector and Large Blossom area of Ejector Impression strip, and follow “Using Ejectors” instructions from Gum Paste Flower Cutter Set to make 19 flowers from darker yellow fondant. Let dry 1 hour.
Pipe a dot of piping gel in center of flowers; attach white Sugar Pearl.
Roll out reserved white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using the Ribbon Cutter and Embosser, place a 1 in. spacer between two wavy cutters. Cut one strip 11 1/2 in. long. Cut two strips 3 1/2 in. long. Trim off wavy ends on vertical strip where it connects to horizontal strip.
Dampen the back of the longest strip and place vertically on cake. Dampen the back of the two strips and place horizontally on cake to shape cross.
For bottom border, place a 1 in. spacer between two wavy cutters and cut one piece 24 in. long. Cut strip down center. Dampen and attach around bottom of cake cut side down.
Attach flowers to cross with dots of icing.