Blast Off Cupcakes
Create a rocket cupcake tower for your next celebration. Construct the rocket parts with Wilton Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant and cupcakes, then blast off!
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
Rose Icing Color (Combine Violet and Rose for violet shown)Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
Golden Yellow Icing Color (Combine Lemon Yellow and Golden Yellow for yellow shown)Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
Red-Red Icing Color (Combine Christmas Red and Red-Red for red shown)Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Finetip Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Finetip Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers (orange used)Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Favorite cupcake mix or recipe
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Primary Candy Colors Set (blue used)Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles Add to shopping list Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles
Each serves 4
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- 9 in. Fondant Roller (pink and purple guide rings used)Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Leaves Cut-Outs™ (largest and medium used)Easy-Add Leaves Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaves Cut-Outs™
- Sharp Knife
- Cone Paper Cup
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Wave Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Wave Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Rainbow Multi-Colored Baking Cups (green used)Easy-Add Rainbow Multi-Colored Baking Cups Add to shopping list Rainbow Multi-Colored Baking Cups
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Non-Stick Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Non-Stick Cookie Sheet
- Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters (4 in. cutter used)Easy-Add Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters Add to shopping list Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add 9 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 9 in. Angled Spatula
- Plastic ruler
Make rocket parts one day in advance. Tint 1 1/4 oz. fondant violet. Use fondant roller and pink guide rings to roll out to 1/16 in thick. For rocket wings, use the largest leaf Cut-Out to cut two leaves, reversing one. For rocket nose, use knife to cut a 5 in. semi-circle. Wrap over cornstarch-dusted paper cone and use a damp brush to attach. Let dry overnight.
Make flames. Tint 3/4 oz. fondant yellow and 3/4 oz. red. Use fondant roller and pink guide rings to roll out each fondant separately, to 1/16 in. thick.
For flames, use the medium leaf Cut-Out to cut 10 of each color. Place five of each color in large concave and five of each color in small concave flower former to dry. Use red edible color marker to draw swirly lines on red flames beginning at wide end. Use orange edible color marker to draw swirly lines on yellow flames beginning at wide end.
Make cupcakes. Prepare cupcake batter following recipe directions. Bake and cool three cupcakes in green baking cups and one without a baking cup.
Make candy plaque. Melt 7 oz. white Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Tint using blue candy color from set. Place 4 in. cutter from set on non-stick cookie sheet. Pour melted blue candy inside cutter to 1/2 in. thick. Tap pan lightly to remove air bubbles. Chill until firm.
Use sharp knife to cut 3/16 in. hole 1/4 in. deep in center of candy plaque. Insert end of lollipop stick into candy plaque and use melted blue candy to attach. Chill until firm.
Ice cupcakes with baking cups. Prepare buttercream icing. Tint orange. Use a sharp knife to cut center hole in bottoms of cupcakes with baking cups. Use spatula and orange icing to Use spatula to ice top of cupcakes smooth.
Cover cupcake without baking cup. Use fondant roller with purple guide rings to roll out 1 1/2 oz. white fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use knife to trim dome off cupcake without baking cup. Turn cupcake over and ice smooth with buttercream icing. Cover with fondant. Use knife to trim off excess fondant.
Assemble rocket. Slide cupcakes onto lollipop stick following this order: fondant covered cupcake cake side down at bottom, and then three iced cupcakes.
For wings, use scissors to cut two pieces of lollipop stick, 3 in. Use melted blue candy to attach to backs of wings. Let set.
Insert sticks into bottom iced cupcake, one on each side. For flames, use melted blue candy to attach flames in two rows onto fondant-covered cupcake. For portholes, use dot of icing to attach jumbo confetti. For rocket nose, position cone on top of cupcakes.