Black Tie and Tails Cake
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (164 oz.)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers (pink, black)Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake Serves 66 **
- Diamond Pan Set (2 largest pans used)Easy-Add Diamond Pan Set Add to shopping list Diamond Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set Add to shopping list Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set
- Easy-Add 2 in. Globe Tier Set Add to shopping list 2 in. Globe Tier Set
- Easy-Add 2 1/2 in. Globe Tier Set Add to shopping list 2 1/2 in. Globe Tier Set
- Easy-Add Candy Melting Plate Add to shopping list Candy Melting Plate
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 24 x 18 in. plywood or foamcore board (1/2 in. thick)
- 6 x 10 in. fabirc tulle
- 26 guage cloth-covered florist wire (white, 2 in.)
- Waxed paper
In advance: Prepare base board. Using largest pan as a guide, cut board 1 in. wider than pan on all sides. Tint 136 oz. fondant blue. Use 36 oz. to cover board; reserve remaining blue.
Also in advance: Make figures. Tint fondant: 8 oz. skin tone, 4 oz. black (suit), 4 oz. dark brown (hair, dog ears), 4 oz. yellow (cat), 4 oz. brown (dog). Reserve 4 oz. white. Use 2.5 in. globes for heads and bodies of adults, 2 in. globes for dog and cat. Tape top holes closed on globes for heads. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Brush globes lightly with Piping Gel.
For adult heads, cut a 6 in. fondant circle; for body, cut a 2 1/2 x 8 in. fondant strip. Attach fondant to globes; smooth with hand. Cut fondant away from open holes. Cut 3-6 in. diameter circles for hair, then use knife to cut hairline; carefully remove excess fondant. Attach hairline with damp brush, then smooth. If desired, add 2nd layer or use veining tool to add detail. Let dry 1 hour before drawing facial features. Use FoodWriters to draw dot eyes and outline mouths.
For Bride: Roll 2 1/2 in long logs, 3/8 in. wide for arms; shape and attach. Cut small ovals for sleeves or cut two white pansies; cut off 2 top petals. Attach sleeves above arms. For Veil: Gather 6 x 10 in. tulle and wrap with florist wire. Insert in hair.
For Groom: Use pattern to cut away shirt front; cut white shirt and insert. Cut small triangles for collar as needed. Use pattern to cut 1 lapel; reverse pattern for 2nd lapel. Attach using damp brush. Shape 3/4 in. wide bow tie; or cut a 1 1/4 x 3/8 in. strip for straight tie; attach. Roll 2 1/2 in. long logs, 1/2 in. wide for arms; shape and attach.
For Cat and Dog: Use 2 in. globes for bodies. Tape top holes closed. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Brush globes lightly with Piping Gel. Cut a 5 in. fondant circle to cover globes; attach and smooth with hand. Cut fondant away from open holes. Roll 1 in. balls for heads; attach using damp brush. Roll and flatten small balls for cheeks; attach. Roll tiny ball noses; attach. Shape ears; attach. Let dry 1 hour before drawing eyes. Use FoodWriter to draw dot eyes.
Finally in advance: Make flowers. Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 2 pansies using cutter from Set. Set on thick foam and shape using ball tool. Pipe 3 dot centers; let dry in melting plate.
Set cakes on turntable or cake pan to raise above counter. Imprint sides using open heart, medium C-scroll and vine pattern presses. Stack cakes on base board. Use tip 6 outlines to cover imprints and add extra scrolls; overpipe with tip 3 outlines. Pipe tip 6 bead bottom borders.
Trim 2 pillars to 8 in. for bride and groom; trim 2 pillars to 5 in. for cat and dog. Insert in top layer to rest on cake board. Slide figures over pillars. Attach white flower where bride and groom’s arms meet and on veil.
* Combine Brown with Red-Red and Black for brown hair shown.