Black Tie Affair Cake
- Easy-Add Pink Icing Color Add to shopping list Pink Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 56.
- Easy-Add 6 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Clear Bianca Figurine Add to shopping list Clear Bianca Figurine
- 3 yards 2 1/4 in. wide Black Satin Ribbon
- 5 in. 28-guage Florist Wire
Prepare 2-layer cakes (for 6 in. cake, bake two 2 1/2 in. layers to create a 5 in. high cake) for stacked construction.
Prepare cakes for rolled fondant. Prepare 2 recipes of chocolate fondant and tint black.
Tint remaining 24 oz. of white fondant pink.
Cover 12 in. cake with black and 6 in. cake with pink fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Assemble cakes.
Pipe tip 2 cornelli lace in buttercream on 6 in. cake. Wrap ribbon around 6 in. cake; make and position bow. Position ornament.
Note: Always place a separator plate or cake board cut to fit, on the cake before you position any figurine or ornament. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your figurine to the plate with double-stick craft tape.
Position cake on serving plate.
**Note: The smallest tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the smallest tier.