Black Belt Birthday Cake
Marshall more interest in the martial arts! Turn a Teddy Bear Pan cake into a kung-fu master by adding cookie hands, feet and headband tie.
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 12; each cookie serves 1
- Easy-Add Teddy Bear Pan Add to shopping list Teddy Bear Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
In advance: Make and decorate cookies with royal icing. Prepare and roll out dough. Use patterns to cut 2 hands (reverse pattern for 2nd; fold over thumb of left hand), 2 feet (reverse pattern for 2nd) and 1 tie. Use wide end of tip 1A to cut 1 circle; cut in half for 2 ears. Bake and cool cookies.
Cover hands and feet with tip 16 stars. Let dry on waxed paper-covered boards. Outline and pipe in headband ties; let dry.
Attach Lollipop Sticks to back of hands with royal icing, leaving 2 1/2 in. of stick exposed to insert into cake. Let dry.
Bake and cool cake. Cut off ears. Decorate using buttercream icing.
Using tip 3, outline and pipe in outfit edging, belt, headband, eyes, pupils, mouth, teeth; smooth with fingertip dipped in cornstarch. Pipe tip 3 outline details on outfit and headband.
Cover outfit and head with tip 16 stars. Pipe tip 18 pull-out stars for hair. Insert hands. Insert ears; cover with tip 16 stars. Attach feet and headband ties with icing.