Birthday on the Bounty Cake
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Blue Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Blue Colored Sugar
- Your Favorite Brownie Recipe or Mix
Cake serves 20; each brownie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Diamond Pan Set Add to shopping list Diamond Pan Set
- Easy-Add Brownie Pops 8-Cavity Silicone Mold Add to shopping list Brownie Pops 8-Cavity Silicone Mold
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 1M Add to shopping list Tip: 1M
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- 2010 Pattern Book (Large & Small Waves, Large & Small Sails, Pirate Hat, “Happy Birthday”)Easy-Add 2010 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2010 Pattern Book
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 18 x 15 in. plywood or
- Foamcore board (1/2 in. thick)
- Waxed paper
- Plastic wrap
In advance: Make waves and cover base board. Tint 48 oz. fondant light blue. Using pan as a guide, cut base board 1 1/4 in. wider on all sides. Cover with 36 oz. fondant rolled 1/8 in. thick. Roll out remaining fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using pattern, cut 4 large and 4 small waves.
Working 1 wave at a time, use Piping Gel in cut parchment bag to cover a portion of each wave curl with C-motion lines. Sprinkle on blue sugar. Overpipe top line and add more sugar to darken. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Make pirates. Bake and cool 4 brownies in silicone mold supported by cookie sheet. Ice lightly with buttercream. Tint fondant as follows: 15 oz. light copper, 4 1/2 oz. black, 2 3/8 oz. red, 2 oz. orange, 2 oz. light green, 2 oz. dark green, 2 oz. dark blue, 3/4 oz. violet, 2 oz. yellow, 1/4 oz. gray. Roll out 1/8 in. thick as needed. For 3 pirates, cut a 6 x 1 1/2 in. strip for each shirt in assorted colors; wrap around brownies and smooth. Cut 6 x 1 in. strips in different colors for pants; attach using damp brush. For V-neckline, cut away a small triangle of shirt and replace with light copper. Cut thin strips in shirt colors and attach for edging. Roll 1 1/4 x 1/2 in. diameter logs for arms. Flatten one end for hand; use knife to cut slits for scissors. For shirt sleeves, roll out small amounts of fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut 1/2 x 1/2 in. squares; cut away triangles for torn edge. Attach around arms using damp brush. For shoes, shape 5/8 x 1 in. ovals; flatten. Attach arms and shoes to bodies with melted candy. For heads, roll 1 3/4 in. fondant balls. Cut slits for mouth. Indent eye sockets using brush handle; roll tiny black balls for eyes and attach. Roll 1/4 in. balls for noses; attach. For bandanas, cut circles using largest round Cut-Out. Use knife to cut 2 teardrops 1/2 in. long for ties, use tip 8 to cut dots; attach using damp brush. For ears, cut circle with tip 2A. Cut in half, shape and attach with candy. For hair, cut various C or V shapes; attach. Attach heads to bodies using melted candy. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Make 1 captain. Roll out tinted fondant 1/8 in. thick (unless otherwise specified). Cut a 1 3/4 x 6 in. red strip for shirt; wrap around brownie, smooth. Cut a 6 x 1 in. black strip for pants; attach. Cut a 1 x 3/4 in. rectangle for shirt front, 1/2 in. wide triangles for lapels; attach. Roll tiny ball buttons; attach. Cut a white 1/4 x 1 in. strip; pinch and roll for ascot, attach. Roll red 1 x 1/2 in. diameter logs for sleeves. Roll and flatten a 3/4 in. ball for hand; use knife to cut fingers. For gray hook, roll a thin log 3/4 in. long; curve. Shape a 1/2 in. diameter disk for base. Use melted candy to attach hook to base, base and hand to sleeves and sleeves to body. For shoes, shape 1 x 3/4 in. ovals; flatten and attach. For head, roll a 1 3/4 in. ball. Cut slit for mouth. Indent 1 eye socket using brush handle; roll tiny black ball for eye and attach. Cut a 1/4 in. diameter circle for patch and 1/16 in. wide strips for string; attach. Roll a 1/4 in. ball for nose; attach. Use pattern to cut hat. Cut skull shape 5/8 x 3/4 in. high. Use tip 3 to cut out eyes and nose; use knife to cut mouth. Attach to hat. Roll thin 1/4 in. long logs for bones; attach. Use tip 3 to cut tiny circles for bone tips; attach 2 to end of each bone. Pinch hat to shape and attach to head with damp brush. For ears, cut circle with tip 2A; cut in half, shape and attach with candy. Roll small log for hoop earring; curve and attach. Attach head to body using melted candy. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Make parrot. Use light green fondant for body and wings; use light blue for tail. Shape 1 1/2 in. long body tapering from 1/2 in. diameter head to 5/8 in. diameter tummy. Attach 2 flattened, teardrop-shaped wings, 1 1/4 in. long. Attach a flattened 1/2 x 1 1/4 in. rectangle to back for tail. Cut a 7/8 in. long yellow oval and attach to tummy. Shape small triangle beak and tiny ball eyes; attach.
Make rigging. Prepare fondant as follows: Tint 2 oz. brown and mix with 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex; mix 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex with 6 oz. white fondant. Tint 1 oz. black and mix with 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex. For sails: Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 2 sails using patterns. Curve over large Flower Formers dusted with cornstarch; let dry. Use toothpicks and pattern to mark "Happy Birthday" on sails; outline and pipe in using tip 2 and royal icing. Let dry.
For pirate flag: Roll out small amount of black 1/8 in. thick. Cut a 1 1/2 x 2 in. wide rectangle. Roll out white fondant 1/16 in. thick. For skull, cut circle using wide end of tip 2A; shape slightly with fingers. Cut out eyes and nose using narrow end of tip 3; use knife to cut slit for mouth. Attach to flag using damp brush. Roll 1/8 x 1/4 in. long logs for bones; attach. Roll tiny logs for bone ends; attach to each bone. Lay flag over crumpled plastic wrap to shape; let dry.
For masts: Paint top 4 in. of an 8 1/2 in. wooden dowel rod with brown icing color for top of center mast; wipe off excess with damp paper towel and let dry. For horizontal booms, roll brown fondant into two 1/4 in. diameter logs, 4 1/2 and 7 1/2 in. long; let dry. To assemble: Center top sail over plastic dowel rod, about 1/4 in. from top; mark 2 places where sail hits rod. Center bottom sail about 1/2 in. below lower mark; mark where sail hits rod. Use knife to cut 1/4 in. wide slits at marks. Insert sails and secure with melted white candy; let set.
Attach horizontal booms to sail points and mast with Fondant Adhesive. Attach flag to top of mast with melted candy. Push 1 in. ball of fondant into top of plastic dowel rod; insert wooden mast in center. Cut 4 dowel rods to 7 in.; tape together on top end for mast support.
Bake and cool 2-layer cake, 3 in. high. Prepare for rolled fondant. Tint 36 oz. fondant brown; cover cake and smooth with Fondant Smoother. For planks, use ruler and knife to indent horizontal lines, 1/2 in. apart, on cake sides. Lightly mark random lines for wood grain look. Roll out brown and black fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 8 black portholes using wide end of tip 1A; attach using damp brush. Cut 8 brown circles using wide end of tip 1A; recut circles using wide end of tip 1M to make porthole rims and attach. Roll two 16 1/2 in. long x 1/4 in. diameter brown fondant logs; attach on cake top. Roll four 10 in. long x 3/8 in. diameter logs; attach to cake sides, curling ends for corner details. Using icing, attach cake to prepared board.
Attach waves with damp brush, using 1/4 in. fondant logs as spacers between waves; trim at corners to fit.
Mark mast position on cake using plastic dowel rod. Insert mast support into marked circle on cake. Slide main mast over support.
At party: Position pirates. Insert center mast over dowel rods. Attach parrot.
* Combine Brown with Red-Red and Black for brown shown.
* Combine Red-Red with Christmas Red for red shown.
* Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.