Birthday Standing Ovation Cake
Silly Feet Cake Stand will earn you a Standing Ovation at your next birthday bash. Curls of fondant, cut from the Primary and Neon Color packs of ready-to-use fondant, make this circus theme a particularly bright idea!
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add Silly-Feet! Cake Stand Add to shopping list Silly-Feet! Cake Stand
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add 37 Piece Alphabet & Number Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list 37 Piece Alphabet & Number Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make fondant curls.
Roll out fondant in various colors 1/16 in. thick; cut 1/4 x 6 in. strips, 20-25 in each color.
Wrap strips loosely around dowel rods. Let set 5 to 10 minutes.
Slide curls off dowel rods and let dry overnight on cornstarch-dusted board.
Ice 2-layer cake smooth in buttercream and position on Silly-Feet! Stand.
Roll out various colors of fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut letters with Cut-Outs and attach to cake side.
Cut dots using narrow end of tip 12; attach to cake.
Pipe tip 12 mound on center of cake top; position curls around mound and base of cake.