Birthday Candlepower Cake
Think of Wilton Icing Colors, Ready-to-Use Rolled Fondants and fondant-shaping tools as art supplies that you can use to compose sumptuous still lifes. Spark interest by adding tiers of vibrant fondant candles detailed with shapes, flames and waxy drips cut from contrasting-hued fondants.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (241 oz)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugar
Cake serves 60
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Stepsaving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set Add to shopping list Stepsaving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Plastic Dowel Rod (15 pks. for candles; forty 6 in. lengths),Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rod Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rod
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Silver Cake Bases Add to shopping list Silver Cake Bases
Tint fondant: 5 oz. each rose, orange, green, yellow, violet, blue for candles; 36 oz. rose, 48 oz. orange, 72 oz. green to cover cakes; 36 oz. yellow for base board. Roll out 1/8 in. thick unless otherwise specified. Reserve any excess fondant.
A week in advance: Make fondant flames. Cut 40 using smallest Leaf Cut-Out from set. Brush with damp brush; sprinkle on Yellow Sugar. Insert toothpick at bottom, leaving 2 in. exposed to insert into candle. Let dry 48 hours on cornstarch-dusted board.
Also in advance: Make candles. Make 4 dot and 4 striped candles in each color (pink, orange, violet, blue, green). Roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick. For dots, cut 6-8 using smallest Round Cut-Out for each candle. For stripes, cut 12 x 1/2 in. strips. Attach trims to 6 in. dowel rods using Piping Gel. Roll 40 white fondant logs, 1 1/2 x 5/8 in. diameter. Brush inside top 1 in. of dowel rod with Piping Gel; push in 1 fondant log until even with top. For wax drips, roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Use small rose cutter from set to cut 40 flowers. Set on thin foam and use small ball tool to slightly elongate petals. Attach over top of dowel rod using Piping Gel; shape with fingers. Insert flame. Let dry 2 days.
Finally in advance: Prepare base. Tape 2 cake bases together; brush with Piping Gel and cover with rolled fondant. Use Cake Dividing Wheel to divide base into 12ths. Roll out remaining yellow fondant. Cut 5 x 1/2 in. strips. Twist and attach between marks. Roll 1/2 in. diameter balls; attach to cover ends.