Birthday Bright Lights Cereal Treats
Chromatic and crispy, these candles radiate good cheer! Coat three rectangles cut from a 9 in. x 13 in. Sheet Pan of crisped cereal treats with melted candy and finish with candy-clay decorations and flames.
- Easy-Add Premium White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Premium White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Blue Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Blue Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Yellow Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Yellow Candy Melts® Candy
Primary Candy Colors Set using orange, yellow and blueEasy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Orange Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Orange Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Pink colored sugar Add to shopping list Pink colored sugar
- Easy-Add Blue Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Blue Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Green Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Green Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugar
Garden Candy Color Set using pink and greenEasy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
Favorite crisped rice cereal treat recipe
Each candle serves 12
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make 1 white candy clay recipe. Let set up overnight before tinting. Divide into 5ths; tint portions orange, pink, blue, green and yellow. Also: Make 3 batches of cereal treats; press mixture into prepared 9 x 13 in. pan. Unmold onto waxed paper-covered board. Cut into three 3 x 13 in. sections. Let cool completely.
Place treat on cooling grid over cookie sheet. Cover with melted candy using a cut bag. Tap grid to remove air bubbles; chill until firm and repeat. Insert then remove lollipop stick in top of treat where flame will go. Repeat for remaining treats.
Make candy clay decorations. Roll out candy clay 1/8 in. thick. For all decorations, after cutting, brush with water and sprinkle with matching colored sugar. Shake off excess then attach with damp brush.
Cut 30 circles using wide end of tip 2A. For vertical stripes, cut 1/2 in. wide strips using straight-edge wheel of Cutter/Embosser; for horizontal stripes, cut 3/4 in. wide strips. Attach verticals 1/2 in. apart, horizontals 3/4 in. apart.
Cut 3 flames using largest leaf Cut-Out; let dry. Attach to lollipop stick with melted candy. Insert flames in treat tops.