Birthday Bearhug Cake
Practice your piping techniques when decorating this cheerfully detailed Teddy Bear with Block Pan cake. Turn the cake’s block shape into a cupcake by mounding and piping icing and sprinkling with Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkle Decorations.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Creamy Peach Icing Color Add to shopping list Creamy Peach Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkle Decorations Add to shopping list Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkle Decorations
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Teddy Bear With Block Pan Add to shopping list Teddy Bear With Block Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 98 Add to shopping list Tip: 98
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add #1 Numeral Candle Add to shopping list #1 Numeral Candle
Ice cake sides and background areas smooth. Mound a small mound of icing on bottom of block area for dimension.
Outline bear using tip 4. Pipe tip 3 zig zags for bottom of foot, smooth with spatula. Pipe tip 98 vertical lines for bottom half of cupcake. Pipe in tip 4 facial features.
Pipe tip 4 dot foot pads (flatten and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 16 stars on bear. Using tip 12 and heavy pressure, pipe swirls of icing on cupcake top, pat with linger dipped in cornstarch. Add sprinkles.
Pipe tip 3 message. Pipe tip 18 rosette bottom border. Cut gum drops in half and position on alternating rosettes. Position candle in cake.