Better Sledders Cookies
These stand-up gingerbread boy cookies are taking off on a winter fast track. Their red fondant sled makes them even Better Sledders, which is sure to please young and old.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Gingerbread Boy Copper Cutter Add to shopping list Gingerbread Boy Copper Cutter
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rod Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rod
- Easy-Add Quick Ease Roller Add to shopping list Quick Ease Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Craft knife
- Pizza wheel
- Waxed paper
- Plastic ruler
Two days in advance: Make sled. Tint 4 oz. fondant red; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using knife, cut a 6 1/2 x 4 1/4 in. rectangle.
Place on waxed paper-covered cake board dusted with cornstarch. Dust one end of rectangle with cornstarch and wrap 2/3 of the way around plastic dowel rod dusted with cornstarch.
Smooth with fingers and let dry two days.
One day in advance: Make cookies. Place on waxed paper-covered board.
Pipe tip 5 dot eyes and nose, string mouth. Add tip 18 rosette buttons.
For scarves, tint portions of fondant green and yellow. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut 5/8 in. wide strip with pizza wheel.
Cut fringe with scissors.
Attach to cookie with damp brush.
For hats, tint portions of fondant blue and violet. Shape into a 3/8 in. triangle with hands. Attach to cookie with damp brush. Let dry overnight.
Pipe tip 18 rosette pompom and zigzag hat band.
For each cookie, cut triangle shapes from cake board, 2 in. high x 1 in. wide for easels.
Attach lollipop sticks and front boy cookie to sled with royal icing; slant sticks to reach boy's hands.
Attach cookie easels to back of cookie.
Attach 2nd boy cookie and easels with royal icing.