Best Wishes Squared Cake
Flowers on cakes are the most popular decoration—you'll make these simple and quick using an imprinted design and a special, but easy decorating technique—brush embroidery. Watch our online video.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
Favorite cake recipe or 2-layer cake mix
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Bold Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Bold Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Cake serves 16.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Flower Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Flower Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Non-Stick Parchment Paper or waxed paperEasy-Add Non-Stick Parchment Paper Add to shopping list Non-Stick Parchment Paper
- Bowl or custard cup
- Plastic wrap
- Paper towels
Bake your favorite 2-layer cake recipe or mix in pan. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Position cake on foil-covered cake board. Lightly ice in buttercream icing to prepare for fondant covering.
Tint 2 packages fondant yellow. Cover cake in rolled fondant; smooth and trim excess.
Tint royal icing light blue, light green and violet.
Slightly thin the green and blue royal icing with water, then sponge both icings onto the cake sides using a piece of crumpled plastic wrap, paper towel, waxed paper or parchment.
Using the medium flower Cut-Out, imprint design on cake top.
Outline using slightly thinned violet royal icing and tip 2, then apply brush embroidery technique. Add tip 2 dot centers.
Write message with Foodwriter. Dilute small amount of green icing color; paint vines and leaves using decorator brushes.
Repeat using violet icing color to paint decorative accents. Roll fondant into 3 long thin ropes each 36 in. long; braid together.
Place at bottom border, using a damp brush to secure.