Best Kid on the Block Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Flowerful Medley Sprinkles Decorations Add to shopping list Flowerful Medley Sprinkles Decorations
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 96.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add #1 Numeral Candle Add to shopping list #1 Numeral Candle
- Easy-Add 18 in. Plate from 13-pc. Tall Tier Stand Set Add to shopping list 18 in. Plate from 13-pc. Tall Tier Stand Set
- Easy-Add 6 1/2 in. Column Add to shopping list 6 1/2 in. Column
- Easy-Add Top Column Cap Nut Add to shopping list Top Column Cap Nut
- Easy-Add Bottom Column Bolt Add to shopping list Bottom Column Bolt
- Easy-Add Cake Corer Tube Add to shopping list Cake Corer Tube
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 14 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 14 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add 16 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 16 in. Cake Circle
- Cake Board (16 cut into 6 inch squares)Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add A-B-C and 1-2-3 Cutter Set Add to shopping list A-B-C and 1-2-3 Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- 22 in. round triple thick cardboard
- Plastic ruler
- Waxed paper
In advance: Prepare base board. Using cake corer as a guide, cut a hole in the center of 22 in. triple-thick cardboard.
Tint 96 oz. white fondant violet, using violet and rose icing colors. Cover prepared board with fondant and smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother. Reserve remaining violet fondant. Tint 48 oz. each of white fondant yellow, rose, blue and green. Roll out fondant colors 1/16 in. thick. Using violet fondant and alphabet cutters, cut 1 set of B-A-B-Y letters. Use shaped cookie cutters to cut 7 stars, ducks, hearts and trains in assorted colors. Let all pieces dry on cornstarch-dusted board.
Prepare 8 cake boards for stacked cakes. Using cake corer, mark center of boards and cut out. Tape 2 boards together and wrap with foil. Prepare 8 solid boards for base cakes; tape 2 boards together and wrap with foil. Prepare eight 3-layer 6 in. cakes (two 2 in. and one 1 in. high to make 5 in. high cakes) for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Cover with white fondant (approximately 30 oz. for each cake); smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother.
Using cake corer, cut center hole in 3 cakes. Insert dowel rods at corners of 4 base cakes where stacked cakes will rest. Roll out fondant colors 1/16 in. thick. For each cake side, cut four 3/4 x 6 in. long strips for borders. Trim to fit and attach with damp brush. Attach letters and cut-out designs with damp brush. At reception, assemble cake. Position confetti sprinkle decorations, candle and balloons.