Beginning His Journey Cake
Celebrate the religious events of spring with Beginning His Journey. This fondant-covered cross cake can be used for Easter, baptisms, first communions, or confirmations.
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Cross Pan Add to shopping list Cross Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Round Comfort Grip™ Cutter Add to shopping list Round Comfort Grip™ Cutter
- Double-Thick Cake Board or 1/2 in. thick foamcoreEasy-Add Double-Thick Cake Board Add to shopping list Double-Thick Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Paring Knife
Tint portions of fondant green and blue. Make fondant cross sections. Combine 1/2 teaspoon of Gum-Tex with 12 oz. of white fondant. Roll out 1/8 in. thick.
Using patterns and paring knife, cut section pieces. Using round cutter, cut center circle. Let all pieces dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Prepare cake board. Cut double-thick cake board or foamcore 3/4 in. wider than pan. Wrap with foil, brush with piping gel and cover with green fondant.
Prepare cross cake for rolled fondant by lightly icing in buttercream. Cover cake with fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Position on fondant-covered board.
Pipe tip 1 swirls on cake. Add tip 3 bead bottom border. On fondant center circle, pipe tip 2 letters. Attach cross sections to cake top with buttercream. Edge sections with tip 2 beads.
Flatten a ball of fondant to 1 in. diameter and 1/4 in. thick.
Attach with buttercream where cross sections meet. Attach center circle with buttercream.
*Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown.