Bee Happy Cake
See how easy it is for a Rubber Ducky cake to “bee-come” a bright and fun bee cake for all your honeys! The wings, stinger and antennae are made of Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Black shoestring licorice Add to shopping list Black shoestring licorice
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan Add to shopping list 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan
- Easy-Add Nesting Heart Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Heart Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add 10 x 14 in. Cake Boards Add to shopping list 10 x 14 in. Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
At least 48 hours in advance, make fondant wings.Tint portion of white fondant orange, roll out and cut with largest heart cutter from set. Tint portions of fondant rose and green; roll out and cut dots using wide opening of tip 18. Let all pieces dry completely. Attach lollipop sticks to back of wings with pieces of fondant brushed with water. Set aside.
Cut off beak and tail area from duck cake. Cover cake with tip 18 stars.
Using white and black-tinted fondant, roll out and cut small circles for eyes and pupils. Roll narrow string of black fondant for mouth. Attach pieces with damp brush.
Using violet-tinted fondant, roll ball for nose and cone shape for stinger. Make two smaller balls for antennae; use toothpick to make holes and insert 2 in. length of shoestring licorice; insert into cake.
Attach dots to wings with brush dipped in water. Insert wings in cake.