Beautiful Bride Cake
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Wonder Mold Kit Add to shopping list Wonder Mold Kit
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 225 Add to shopping list Tip: 225
- Easy-Add 8 in. Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Spatula
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- White satin ribbon 1/8 in. wide x 12 in. long
- 10 x 10 in. white tulle square
Prepare Icing We suggest that you tint all icings at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icings in covered containers until ready to use.
Make 2 cups white buttercream icing
Make 3 cups white royal icing
In advance, using tip 225 and white royal icing, make 275 drop flowers with tip 3 dot centers. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Insert doll pick in cake. Ice cake lightly with buttercream to prepare for rolled fondant.
Roll twelve 6 x 1 in. fondant logs: to form folds of skirt. Logs should measure 1 in. diameter at one end and gradually taper to a point. Position logs evenly on cake, about 1 in. apart, tapered end up.
Cover skirt with fondant.
Cover bodice of doll pick with fondant.
Build up shoulders with balls of fondant.
Using tip 2, pipe cornelli lace on bodice and shoulders in buttercream icing.
Using tip 18, pipe zigzag garland at skirt bottom in buttercream.
Attach tip 225 drop flowers on zigzag garland and randomly on skirt, using tip 2 dots of icing.
Make bouquet: Roll a small ball of fondant, attach drop flowers and ribbon with royal icing and attach to hand.
Make veil: Gather 10 x 10 in. tulle at one end; attach to head and attach drop flowers with royal icing.