Bear's Birthday Mini Cakes
Going Goldilocks one better, this party has 4 Mini Stand-Up Bear cakes as guests. The dining table is a 6 in. round cake with a rolled fondant “tablecloth” draped over the top. Increase the size of the round table and you can seat more bears!
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
2 Sandwich cookies
4 Sugar cones
Each bear serves 1; cake serves 6.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Stand-Up Bear Pan Add to shopping list Mini Stand-Up Bear Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 13 Add to shopping list Tip: 13
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add White Celebration Candles Add to shopping list White Celebration Candles
In advance, make four party hats: Trim 1 3/4 in. from bottom of sugar cone. Ice with royal icing and set aside.
Bake and cool four mini stand-up bears and one-layer round cake. Prepare round cake for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream.
Roll out fondant and position on cake to resemble tablecloth. Roll out and cut a 2 1/2 in. circle of blue-tinted fondant for cake plate; position on tablecloth.
Stack 2 sandwich cookies for "cake" and ice with buttercream; cover with a 2 in. circle of pink-tinted fondant to resemble icing.
Position "cake" on plate; pipe tip 2 bead bottom border in buttercream. Add tip 2 dot candle holder and position candle. Print tip 2 message.
Cut two 1 in. squares of yellow and blue-tinted rolled fondant for gifts. With royal icing, pipe tip 2 ribbons and bows; let dry.
For bear cakes, pipe-in tip 2 eyes, nose, ears, feet and mouth; pat smooth. Cover remainder of bear with tip 13 stars; overpipe arms with tip 13 stars.
Position fondant gifts on bears; overpipe paws with tip 13 stars.
Position hats on bears; in royal icing, pipe tip 2 pull-out fringe.