Bearly Ski-Skilled Cake
It’s all downhill from here! The Bearly Ski-Skilled Cake is snow much fun, bundled up in colorful fondant clothes and sporting skis that are slightly askew. Perfect for any winter gathering.
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Huggable Bear Pan Add to shopping list Huggable Bear Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
Color fondant as follows: Reserve a 2 in. ball of fondant white.
Tint a 2 1/2 in. ball of fondant blue. Divide remaining fondant equally and tint yellow, green and red. Mix blue fondant with 1 teaspoon Gum Tex. Mix a 3/4 in. ball of red fondant with 1/4 teaspoon Gum Tex.
In advance, make skis and poles: roll out blue fondant and cut two 7 3/4 x 1 1/2 in. lengths. Trim one end of each to rounded points. Roll out red fondant with gum-tex and cut two circles using middle circle of Cut-Outs. Make an opening in the center of each circle using the end of a dowel rod.
Let fondant pieces dry on cornstarch-dusted cake board for 1-2 days. Cut 2 dowel rods to 6 1/2 in. lengths, set aside.
Bake and cool cake. Ice paw pads and inside of ears smooth.
Outline with tip 3. Lightly cover sweater and pants area with icing. Roll out green fondant and cut to pants shape, roll out yellow fondant and cut to sweater shape. Position on cake.
Cut a strip of yellow fondant 1/2 in. wide x 13 in. long. Imprint with edge of spatula. Attach to bottom of sweater with damp brush. Cut yellow stars using smallest cutter, set aside.
Roll out a strip of blue fondant 3/4 in. wide x 10 in. long. Attach to neck with damp brush. Cut a strip of blue 3/4 in. wide x 5 in. long; cut fringe on one end. Attach to neck with damp brush.
Use tip 6 and pipe in whites of eyes, pat down with finger dipped in cornstarch; add tip 4 black dot centers, Outline tip 3 mouth, add tip 4 tongue. Using tip 6, build up area on paws.
Cover bear with tip 16 stars. Roll out red fondant, cut into triangle shape and position on head. Roll white fondant by hand into shape for trim and pom-pom.
Attach to hat with damp brush.
Position string licorice and attach fondant stars with damp brush. Attach skis to feet with dots of icing.
Push red circles on prepared dowel rods and insert into hands.