Bearing Birthday Balloons Cake
Tiered cakes don’t always have to be for weddings, showers or anniversaries. You can treat the smallest guest of honor to this fun-loving birthday combination: Cuddly Bear on top of a brightly dotted Sheet Cake. Watch our online video.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
Cake serves 67.
- Easy-Add 13 x 9 x 2 in. Oblong Pan Add to shopping list 13 x 9 x 2 in. Oblong Pan
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Metal Spatula Add to shopping list Metal Spatula
- Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Seperator Plates Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Seperator Plates
- Easy-Add Hidden Pillars Add to shopping list Hidden Pillars
- Easy-Add Circus Balloons Topper Set Add to shopping list Circus Balloons Topper Set
- Craft knife or pvc pipe cutter
Bake your favorite 2-layer 13 x 9 cake recipe or mix following recipe instructions. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Bake and cool your favorite pound cake recipe or mix in bear pan, following pan instructions.
Arrange 13 x 9 cake on foil-wrapped cake board. Spatula ice cake with yellow buttercream.
Decorate tip 3 dots on top and sides of cake in assorted colors buttercream.
Use tip 8 to decorate alternating colors ball bottom border.
Using 8 in. separator plate, mark cake top. If needed, cut hidden pillars; center and insert 4 pillars in sheet cake over marked area where plate feet imprinted.
Arrange bear cake on separator plate, attaching with icing. Ice inside of ears and bottoms of feet smooth with spatula. Decorate tip 3 nose, eyes and mouth (smooth areas with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Add tip 16 chocolate buttercream star "fur."
Carefully place feet of separator plate with bear into hidden pillars. Insert balloons into bear's paw.