Cookie Sheets & Je…
Beaming Birthday Butterfly Cookie
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Black shoestring licorice Add to shopping list Black shoestring licorice
Each cookie serves 1
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add 4 Pc. Butterflies Metal Nesting Cutter Set Add to shopping list 4 Pc. Butterflies Metal Nesting Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Oval Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Oval Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
In advance: Make cookies. Prepare and roll out dough. For each treat cut 1 large butterfly, 1 round and 1 oval using largest cutters from sets plus 1 medium oval. Bake and cool. Set cookies on cooling grid over cookie sheet.
Working with 1 color at a time, cover with thinned royal icing. Immediately pipe on lighter orange dots or darker violet stripes. Let dry overnight.
Use full-strength icing to decorate and assemble cookies. Pipe tip 3 dot eye; flatten with finger dipped in cornstarch. Using tip 2, outline and pipe in eyelid; pipe dot pupils, nose and cheeks; outline mouth and add curved lashes. Let dry.
Cut 1 1/2 in. lengths of licorice. Attach to back of head. Pipe tip 2 balls on tips. Let dry. Attach body and medium oval, centering oval above body to support head. Attach head.
* Combine Violet with Rose for violet shades shown.
* Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown.